Visit the Healthy People web site at: https://health.gov/healthypeople (Links to an external site.)
Click into the tab at the top of the screen, 2030 Objectives and Data link and select a topic of interest to you (for instance click into Nutrition and Weight Status)
Click into this topic
Navigate and explore Topic of interest to you as a professional nurse.
Share your findings with the entire class:
- How might a Public Health Nurse use this web site?
- How might the Public Health Nurse apply aspects of the
- In what way (s) would the Public Health Nurse know whether these Interventions are based in evidence- based practice?
- How can the Public Health Nurse apply these interventions in ways that consider the specific populations cultural ideas, values and beliefs? Give a specific
- Reflect upon the science of Public Health and Public Health Nursing. In what ways do these practice disciplines emulate the concept of Social Justice? How can you operationalize social justice in your current practice setting – give a specific
- What is your perception of the community health/ public health nursing (PHN) role in encouraging patients/ clients to do certain things for their health such as immunizing their child/selves, telling partners about STIs, stopping smoking, protecting themselves from injury, and other health promotion/ disease prevention practices?
- If the PHN is trying to protect the public from health issues, should s/he be able to exert any sort of force or authority over behaviors that have the potential to affect others? Why?
- Where is the line drawn and why? Include specific examples to illustrate your points of
- Reflect upon how the encouraging and/ or mandating actions for promotion of health reflect on the concept of Social Justice? How can you operationalize these actions and social justice in your current practice setting – give a specific example