Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
Assume that you are a CEO of a medium-sized company that needs a significant influx of cash for several expansion projects. As the CEO, you must determine whether your company should remain private or go public. Some companies postpone going public due to the unpredictability of economic and market conditions. Consider the ramifications of both alternatives. Construct an argument for and against going public. Before providing your response, review the guidelines and regulations associated with going public by visiting Small Business and the SEC located at http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/qasbsec.htm.
Use the Internet to research SOX law, located at http://www.sarbanes-oxley-101.com/sarbanes-oxley-compliance.htm.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Outline three (3) ways in which your medium-sized private company may benefit from going public, providing a rationale for each.
- Create an argument that the same goals may be achieved if the company remains a privately held entity. Provide support for your argument.
- When a company decides to go public, it can typically obtain capital by issuing stocks or bonds. Suggest four (4) leading financial ratios that will be evaluated and how each will impact the companys decision to obtain expansion funds. Determine whether the results of the ratios would alter the decision to go public.
- By researching the results of SOX compliance surveys, assess the financial impact that SOX might have on your company if it decides to go public. Considering the impact of SOX compliance, take a position as to whether your company can overcome the challenges posed by SOX compliance if the decision is to go public. Based on your research, support your decision by identifying the potential advantages and disadvantages that SOX may have on your company. Provide specific examples.
- Make a recommendation as the CEO regarding the alternative (i.e., going public or staying private) that will best support the companys expansion goals. Support your position.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze financial reports, prepare analysis, and draw conclusions based on the financial analysis.
- Calculate and interpret various financial and operating ratios used in business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in accounting management.
- Write clearly and concisely about accounting management using proper writing mechanics.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
******CLICK ORDER NOW BELOW TO GET THE ANSWER TO THIS ASSIGNMENT OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT, DISCUSSION, ESSAY, HOMEWORK OR QUESTION*******."