MODULES to select from
- Module 1: Research and Nightingale
- Module 2: Peplau, Henderson, and Orem
- Module 3: Johnson, Orlando, and the 1950’s to 1960’s
- Module 4: King and Rogers
- Module 5: Roy, Neuman, and the 1970’s
- Module 6: Leininger, Newman, and Watson
- Module 7: Parse, Erickson, Tomlin & Swain
- Module 8: Theories of the 1980’s and 1990’s, Self-Reflection
Putting It All Together
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least two (2) sources and the textbook using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the Signature Assignment rubric criteria for this assignment.
This week, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation reviewing the theories from each module. Please select one theory from each module (1-8) and answer the following questions. You should have 2-4 slides per theory with a total of 8 theories discussed.
- Describe the theory
- Provide 3 examples of how the theory applies to current practice
- Provide 3 positive patient outcomes resulting from utilizing the theory
- Explain 3 benefits to nursing satisfaction when utilizing the theory
- Describe two barriers to using the theory in practice and at least one method for overcoming each barrier (support methods with sources)
- Support from literature clearly noted throughout
The PowerPoint presentation should include at least two outside references and the textbook. The presentation should contain 2 to 4 slides per theory, for a total of 16 to 32 slides.
Total Point Value of Assignment: 500 points
Length: 2 to 4 slides per theory, for a total of 16-32 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Title/Objective/Reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) outside scholarly sources and the textbook are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level. You cannot pass this class without passing this assignment.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PPT document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment.